Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!

For Independence Day, Sra and Grace are taking me to an exPatriot's Independence Day BBQ.

I hope I am not the only person who finds this a bit ironic...

Pleaseandthankyou to Dr. Rolston who wrote to me in an email, "...we will be celebrating independence day. I have a bottle rocket with your name on it!" if only my parents were so generous. (That's to be taken as a challenge momsies and popsicles)

Dear Dr. Rolston, Today, when I am at my Dominican Republic ExPatriot BarBQ, I will most certainly do something very Dominican ExPatriot BarBQ celebratory thing in your honor.

Below are some more photos for you enjoyment. I am beginning to post most of them on facebook, since Blogger only lets me post 5 at a time.




You would be so surprised how nice the insides of these buildings look. And because Puerto Plata is a very touristy place, most stores have bilingual signs.


Ah ha! A Burger King!! They really are everywhere...except Australia.



This is an image of the home next door to the church. Yes, those are roosters you see. ROOSTERS!! hahaha! I want one sooo bad!



No, this was not so much a random photo as an observation on how fascinated I am by all things Dominican. Even their trashcans are fun shapes.




1 comment:

  1. Happy 4th of July Sweetheart!
    In your honor, your dad and I raise a glass of planters' punch in your honor at the Yacht Club. What did you do to make Professor Rolston want to blow you up in effigy? Mumsicle

    ReplyDelete