Sunday, December 26, 2010

imPERFECTION

There were once two water jugs. Every morning the master would carry each of the jugs to the river, fill them with water and carry them back to his home. One water jug; however, had a crack in the bottom, and would slowly leak water during the long walk This greatly upset the broken water jug who said to his master, "Master, why must you bring me to and from the river everyday? Becasue of my crack, I slowly leak water until there is none left when you arrive home. I was made to store water, but this I can not do. I am worthless."
The master carried the sad water jug to the road in front of the house. "Little water jug," he began, "Don't be so proud. Have you ever noticed the beautiful row of flowers which line the road between our home and the river? It is you who waters them everyday for me."

1 comment:

  1. How comforting that God has a real use for "cracked pots"!

    ReplyDelete