Tuesday, March 20, 2012

El Senor Gecko: Photos from Honduras

A 5 minute walk down the beach would take us to a nearby resort that owned a pet monkey named Jimmy. LH and him became fast friends.
.
Is that a brick oven? You betcha! LH is an incredible fire-starter - and I baked a chocolate cake inside that beauty!
Oh what's that you're doing, Torie? Making tortillas? From scratch?! Flippin' sweet, dude.

We were in Trujillo visiting our missionary friend, SD. Because we're awesome friends, we brought SD some mandolin strings. LH is teaching her how to install them.

This is LH and I with the House 1 girls after Sunday Catechesis. They are the youngest girls at the orphanage and I called them my "Monocitas" or "Little Monkeys" because they were always climbing on top of us. 
From the Honduran dollar menu. This little dish was brought to us while on the bus from La Ceiba to Trujillo. Trust me, it tastes WAY better than it looks. 
The trees in Honduras are ENORMOUS! LH saw this and said, "Stop! I need a picture of this!"

No comments:

Post a Comment