Monday, October 15, 2012

Awakening to Peace

"If not understanding, than grant me the peace that surpasses it"

Like a Carly Rae Jepson single, that phrase has been playing repeatedly in my head for months now. And with every day I say it, the reality of it becomes more true - becomes more real.

I'm in a season of life where I feel like the Lord is slowly awakening me. As if I've been asleep for a long time, and He is now, gently, nudging me to awaken. And as I start to open my eyes, He begins to reveal truths of my life, truths that had been there during my slumber, but are only now being seen, being understood, being acknowledged for the first time. And it's totally blowing my mind.

But it isn't the revelation that's mind-blowing - it's this unimpressed, familiar peace that answers it -  as if a part of me has known it all along.


And with the awakening comes healing - massive healing. Healing in areas of my heart that I didn't know where broken, that I wasn't even aware needed help. And what follows the healing?
Peace.


This evening I received my first official prophetic word. It wasn't flashy or showy - no one spoke in tongues or was slain in the spirit. It was natural, simple, peaceful. Though it was my first time, it was familiar - as if a part of me had known all along.

The last time I felt this kind of profound peace was a year ago in Madrid while celebrating World Youth Day. Since I was reminiscing, I thought you may want some photos.

Amanda and I showing off our official WYD gear

Our NYC group in front of the Plaza Mayor in Salamanca



No comments:

Post a Comment