Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Official 'Face to Face' Video Release

Just this morning I woke up and saw that I'd reached another milestone, 1000 views for the new "Face to Face" music video. What an incredible feeling! You can watch the video here:




This video has been a long time coming. A few of you have asked me how it all came together, so here's a behind-the-scenes look into the making of "Face to Face"

Step 1: Center Street Recording 
About a month ago I began talking to a publicity company and realized how important it would be to have a video for promotional purposes. So, I had a meeting with Britt of Center Street Recording in Old Hickory, TN. I gave him a copy of the EP, we talked set, style, theme and price. Excited, I celebrated the successful meeting by driving to Chick-fil-a for dinner. Polynesian sauce for the win.



Step 2: Convincing Brian Campbell
Once we set a date to film, I realized that it wouldn't really make sense to not have co-writer and vocalist, Brian Campbell, in the video too. But he lives in Ohio - and was supposed to be in Europe on tour. Providence of Providence, there was a last minute schedule change and Brian was able to drive down for the week. Not only was he able to come be a part of the video, but we also wrote 2 amazing songs together later that week.



Step 3: Get More Pretty
Lucky me, Taylor Nick was available at 7 o'clock in the morning the day of the shoot to take me from looking like my YorkiePoo, Wanda, after a bath into a better version of myself. If you liked my hair and makeup you can follow her @taylornick



Step 4: Release the inner Hipster
This was the most difficult part of the filming, because I don't think I possess a single Hipster bone, but I want to. I decided that Hipsters like candles - so we got a ton of candles, candle holders, votives, etc and placed them all around the studio to create "Atmosphere".



Step 5: Do Whatever Britt Says
When the studio was ready, the lights dim, the candles burning, Brian and I started singing and Britt started the filming. We did 4 different shots for the video.


Step 6: Celebrate and Wait
My job was finished as soon as the filming was done, so I took Brian out for burgers and tots at The Pharmacy in East Nashville. Britt then got to work editing things so that you see what we have today.
Here's a photo of the crew once we'd finished in the studio.




About two weeks later I got an email from Britt with a link to the video file. I released the video to the internet and the rest, well, you know the rest. :) 

If you want to see more exclusive photos from my day in the studio, just visit me on Facebook.com/ToriHarrisMusic 


Wishing you all of HIS best, 
Tori 

No comments:

Post a Comment