Monday, May 24, 2010

Pre-life Crisis




For the past few days I've been going through a pre-life crisis. For the first time in my life, I've accepted the concept that I've got the freedom to do anything - which means... I've got the responsibility to first seek God's will in my life.
But this is tough. Because saying "Jesus, I trust in You" means I have to set aside all the big plans I had for my future and say instead, "Thy will be done."
I've got to keep reminding myself, "You were NOT made for this world". Because it's going to take a LOT of humility to give over my pride, my hopes for 'worldly success' to say 'Yes' to God. To say, "I want to do Your will even if it means that I may never own that global company or run that major recod label. Matt Hayes likes to say, "Loving is letting go." So to really love God, I've got to let go of what I've alway envisioned for myself. And I don't know what God's going to say. I don't know where He is going to send me. I don't know. And that's the biggest lesson in humility yet - to not know. Because I have no idea. It's not My plan. It's His will.

And for a long, long time I was most afraid of those who would call me foolish. Who would say, "Tori, what you are suggesting isn't prudent - it's not right - take a weekend to cool off, then, when you get your head back on straight, go make a career for yourself"

"The foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom; and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength" - 1 Corinthians 1:25

If this is the Gospel I proclaim, than the consequence is that this must also be the Gospel I live. And on judgement day it's a conversation between me and God. Not them and God. But me. Me and God.

"Freedom isn't the ability to do what you want, but the ability to do what you ought" - Pope JPII

"The greatest lie of Satan is the myth of tomorrow" - the children of Medjugorje

Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit." Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away. Instead, you ought to say," If the Lord wills, we will live and also do this or that." 1 James 4:13-15

Most importantly, when I start to be anxious or doubt, I recall the words of Megan DePhillips, "God is faithful" Because He is. He is faithful.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous25.5.10

    If this is the Gospel I proclaim, than the consequence is that this must also be the Gospel I live. And on judgement day it's a conversation between me and God. Not them and God. But me. Me and God.

    Amen times a thousand.

    ReplyDelete